Kol HaOt Illuminated Haggadah Fair – this year featuring the theme “Playing with Plagues”.
Monday, APRIL 2, Hol HaMoed Passover, 5-10 pm at the Inbal Jerusalem Hotel.
– VIEW impressive artistic haggadot PLUS various interpretations of the 10 plagues. Get a dramatic sense of these events of the Exodus story, and how we can re-imagine the plagues in contemporary terms!
– FEATURING: Origami workshops on frogs, plus shadow theater on darkness.
– ENGAGING speakers:
– MICAH GOODMAN, author of Catch 67, on “The 10 Plagues, Past and Future: Jewish Approaches to Egyptian Suffering,”
– RACHELLE FRAENKEL, on “First-Borns: A Blessing or a Plague?”
– GILA FINE, on “The 4th Plague: Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My”
Modern illuminated haggadot by renowned Israeli artists will also be featured and sold at the fair. Entrance is FREE.
More information: firstname.lastname@example.org, 02-990-5177, www.kolhaot.com
PHOTO CREDIT: Frogs, The Eliahou Haggada, © Eliahou Eric Bokobza, 2008-2009